On Friday we had the opportunity to welcome a new family member. A 4 month old, beautiful, healthy baby boy was brought to the clinic by the assistant of the director of social services and a police officer. He has obviously been well cared for and therefore probably dearly loved. He was abandoned at a church in one of the nearby towns. The desperation that must have been present in the mom or whomever it was who left him is beyond my understanding and that's okay. I don't desire to know that kind of desperation. Nor do I judge her. How can I begin to judge that which I don't know. Praise the Lord that he was loved enough to be left in a place where he would be found. I'm sure this is not always the case. He is adjusting well. Still cries during the night but he is 4 months and I'm sure misses his mom.
Meet beautiful, Josiah.
We now have 5 in nappies and 4 who still wake up during the night. Please pray for strength for the caregivers.
I learned of a new and somewhat daunting item of info. Josiah was taken to another orphanage before being brought to us. They weren't able to keep him because they are not set up to care for infants. I respect that. The greatest that we can ever be in life is that which God has called us to be. If God has called you to be a mom or a teacher or a doctor or a caregiver to older orphans then that is the best and most perfect place to be because that is exactly what you were made for. Trying to be more than what God has created us to be is futile.
While the director and officer were asking if we would take him, a short and not really needed discussion of 'should we' I inquired if there really was an option (out of curiosity). Was there any other place for him? No. There isn't. There is the afore mentioned orphanage, Maforga (where I am at), and apparently a state run orphanage (I can only imagine). The only thing I can say about this is that God is in control. He gives the faith, has the power, strength and provision for all that He asks. Just look at that face again...who am I to even think 'No, 12 is too many.' 'I don't know if God will provide for 12.' 'We have too many in nappies.' I am simply a servant of He who knows best. Blessed to be able to love one more of His precious children.
Please pray for little Josiah; for his adjustment, health, and that he may grow into a man who seeks after the heart of God.
- Just to put this out: I am hesitant to share these little ones in such a public way. They are precious to me and I want to protect them and do what is best for them. However, I will continue to share with digression but plead that you use what is shared on this blog to pray for them. There is nothing greater or more powerful that you can do than to lift them up in prayer to their Creator. Please don't see them as 'poor little orphans' but see them as children of God. "Let the little children come to Me, and do not forbid them: for such is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 19:14 Some of these little ones know more about pain, suffering, abandonment, and loss then most of us will ever know through our entire life. The Lord promises not to give us more than we can handle. The strength He knows they have is incredible. They are precious to Him. "For such is the kingdom of heaven". Please pray for them.
Thank you for posting about this beautiful baby, who reminds me so much of my Owen! God has a plan for Josiah, as well as the other 11! You are part of that plan, and so are we, your blog readers. I will pray for your 12, and the caregivers, and all that take care of them.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the update, stay well! Give those beautiful children kisses for me!
Nicole