Just a quick note to let everyone know I arrived without complication, already, 3 weeks ago. My luggage arrived 3 weeks minus 1 day. That's only a minor delay, anything under 1 week is only considered delayed luggage and not lost luggage.
My first weeks have consisted of sleeping, adjusting, playing with children, visiting friends, working in a baby clinic, and beginning to learn Shone (the tribal language in this area of Mozambique). There have been the expected struggles but God is faithful to strengthen.
"It is God who arms me with strength, And makes my way perfect." Psalm 18:32
Thank you all for your prayers. Please continue. This week I will continue the effort of getting a resident visa, working at the clinic, learning Shone (a friend reminded me this week that God is the author of languages...great truth), and spending time with the kids.
This is a pic of all but 4 of the children that I have the honor to spend time with. It was hard to keep these 7 within frame.
A western Mozambique landscape taken on a morning walk. Beautiful.
It is wonderful to hear from you, and see that you are doing well! I have a couple of things that I will be getting in the mail this week! Our prayers continue to be with you! Keep on, keeping on good friend!
ReplyDeleteSara, FINALLY! I typed in the wrong address and couldn't find ur blog. I'm glad to hear things are going well. We are praying for you!
ReplyDeleteYou are truly a wonderful human being! We have been put on this earth to help others, and you have gone beyond the usual. How very special, and I will pray for your continuous care, and strength.
ReplyDeleteGod Bless You!
So glad to hear you are there and ready to start this journey in your life.
ReplyDeleteLinda W.
Oh sweet Sarah, I pray for you and the kids daily. As we are here enjoying adjusting to summer I hope you are able to enjoy some parts of adjustments. I'm praying for God to be your strength. I love you friend. Please let me know if you need anything.
ReplyDelete