Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Time Keeps on Ticking

Are you having as hard of a time as I am believing it is already the end of August?  Crazy!  Almost, already (only) 3 months in Mozambique.  It's probably time I stop, think about what the Lord has shown me, write it down, remember it, and hold fast to it until He shows me something different (which may very well be tomorrow or next week). 

So in numerical order of no importance a few things I have learned and/or relearned in the last 2 months and 3 weeks:

1. God loves us more than we will ever know on this earth.  He is the God of the universe.  He placed every star in the sky and knows them by name.  Yet, He loves you and me so much that He knew us before we were born, He knows the number of hair on our head, He know the number of our days.  The same God who created the universe humbled Himself, became man, lived within the limitation of the flesh, died on a cross for our sins and then defeated death, so that we could freely commune with Him.  His desire is for us to be with Him. 

2. God is faithful and unchanging therefore He will never be unfaithful.

3. In the reality of eternity, this life may not be long but it is hard.  It was never promised to be easy.  May I learn to consider all trials pure joy knowing that the testing of my faith produces patience and then letting patience have its perfect work, that I may be perfect and complete.  Believing, with a faith that has been tested, that in the Lord I am perfect and complete, lacking nothing.

4. God is greater than anything...everything.

5. God is still on His throne...no matter where I am at.

6. Only walk as far as you can see.  Don't try to find your way in the dark.

7. When I forget all of the above and all can do is hold on to Jesus, that's alright.  Just keep holding on.

3 comments:

  1. Sarah! I LOVE reading your amazing updates via blog. You and the children are in my prayers. Keep fighting the Good Fight, running the Race and not growing wear in doing good. Love, Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sarah!

    This is Ann-Valeries friend! I have enjoyed reading your updates. I love reading what God has been teaching you. Your willingness to let him grow you and use you is encouraging to me. I pray that God will continue to reveal more and more of himself to you and that you will continue to hold on to Jesus! Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone VERY wise and dear to us both gave me this advise when I left Mozambiuqe..."Hold on to Jesus with BOTH hands and always, just keep holding on." I'm preaching to us both. I love you!

    ReplyDelete