Thursday, February 25, 2010

Passing of Time

Writing on this blog has been one of the things that unfortunately has turned out to be one of the last things I do.  I apologize to all who still are checking this site and am also amazed by you. 

Allow me to go back to Christmas and thank all of you who sent and helped in sending gifts for me and the kids (I received the packages the Christmas Eve and just received one of the packages today.  Go figure)  It was a great time with us all together again.  At the time 4 of the kids had been reintegrated with their families and all of them had been home for at least a month.  They all were missing each other and so was I.  It was good to be together again.

After all of us were together, we went swimming at a local hotel that has graciously allowed us to go swimming there once a week for free.  It was a great blessing. 

 IMG_0638

 

Tony playing in the playground after swimming.

 

 

 

 

 

After swimming we went back to a friend's house and opened Christmas gifts.  I wish everyone involved could have seen their excitement and confusion.  They have opened wrapped gifts before but not often and it took a little encouragement to get the kids to open them rather than just hold them and save them for later. 

IMG_0661

 

Nune concentrating.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0668

 

Vasco delighted.

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_0660

 

We also had a birthday cake for Jesus and sang Him Happy Birthday.  One of the kids favorite songs.

 

 

 

 

(I have to add a story here, even if it's only to help me remember.  I went down to where the children live one afternoon and Gina, one of the 2 y/o twins was playing a in big pile of sand sticking sticks into it.  She was very serious in her work.  Then her brother Nune comes and starts helping her.  When all the sticks are sufficiently pointing up out of the sand pile, Gina starts singing "Dear Nune to you.  Dear Nune to you." Of course to the tune of Happy Birthday. - One of the favorite moments I hope never to forget.)

A lot has changed since Christmas.  First, all but 3 of the kids have been reintegrated back into their families.  I'll share their complete stories in separate blogs.  They are all doing splendidly.  I am still able to visit them at least monthly but the need for doing so is not to assure their safety any more.  They are all doing so great.  The two girls who do not have family; Carolina (6) and Carina (1) have hopeful adoptions into Mozambican families.  It is only by the will of God that Carolina has a family that desires a 6 y/o rather than a baby.  They are a pastor and his wife in a nearby town who have been unable to have children and greatly desire to have a child.  Carina's hopeful family is a women whom I work with at the clinic/nutrition center.    Please keep them and the processes in your prayers.  That nothing would prevent the adoptions and that the Lord would provide for and bless the families. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    I check your blog regularly, hoping to see an update and was so happy to see your post today. I think of, and pray for you often. It sounds like you are doing well and God is using your talents!! It's been a snowy, cold winter in ND. Your pictures of the kids enjoying the outdoors makes me want to come and visit you!

    Take Care,

    Linda Winter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you're doing a fantastic job Sarah! God certainly sent you there for a reason! Keep running the race set out for you with His strength and grace. Thanks for posting in your blog. Hi to everyone there! Laura

    ReplyDelete